This post is part of a sponsored campaign on behalf of Latina Bloggers Connect and the makers of ZYRTEC®
About a month ago, I wrote a post giving you a few tips that can help those of you who like me, suffer from #ALLERGYFACE. If you are wondering what "allergyface" is, let me break it down for you: Allergies affect not only the way we feel, but the way we look. There are so many women who suffer from symptoms that can be thought of as beauty challenges such as a puffy face, red nose, and watery eyes. These are three most common types of #ALLERGYFACE.
In that first post, I shared six smart tips that can easily help anyone combat these types of beauty challenges. You can read more about these tips, HERE.
Following suit, today I wanted to give you a few more natural remedies along with a few easy beauty tips that can help hide #ALLERGYFACE.
Let's start with these natural remedies:
1. Keep a COOL HUMIDIFIER - set your humidifier on cool to help rid the air of allergens. The water from the humidifier will stick to the allergens in the air causing them to become heavy enough that these will fall to the floor rather than remain floating in the air just waiting to be inhaled. (sounds gross, but unfortunately this is true!)
2. Take VITAMIN C - In order for Vitamin C to be effective, most people need to take around 500mg of vitamin C, at least twice a day. My recommendation on this one is to consult this with your doctor first. If the doctor says it's okay, then give it a try - you should begin seeing results within a week or so.
3. Get yourself a big bottle of APPLE CIDER VINEGAR - you can drink it if you like, but I was thinking more along the lines of rinsing your hair with it instead. Try using 1/2 cup of ACV with 1/2 cup of water at least twice a week during allergy season to rinse out any allergens that may have fallen onto your hair while being outdoors.
4. EAT MORE FRUITS & VEGGIES - There are quite a few allergy fighting foods that you can eat to help tame those allergies from the inside out : citrus (oranges & grapefruit), berries and cherries, dark colored grapes, and apples.
Now that you a few natural remedies to try, let's talk about the different ways you can hide #ALLERGYFACE :
1. EYE DROPS - using eyedrops should become the very first step in your beauty routine. Dropping a few eyedrops to puffy eyes as soon as you wake up will help your eyes become whiter and much brighter by th time you begin to apply your makeup.
2. Put it on ICE - after using eye drops, grab an icecube or two, and rub them around your face. Make sure to use a gentle touch when doing this! Using icecubes will help alleviate a puffy face.
3. CONCEAL REDNESS - no one who suffers from allergies wants to walk around with a red nose. There a few simple ways to cover this: apply a little dab of Aquaphor onto your nose. Follow this by applying a yellow or green concealer to hide the redness.
4. Always, Always, KEEP YOUR BRUSHES CLEAN! - this tip cannot be stressed enough. Using a "dirty" makeup brush is the worse thing you can do if you suffer from #ALLERGYFACE. Bacteria is known to harbor in brushes and sponges. Clean ALL of your makeup brushes (and sponges) with either makeup remover or a igual mixture of antibacterial soap and olive oil.
For even more tips, check out this video Embracing Your Natural Belleza Latina with Carmen Ordoñez from
Once you get into the routine of using these natural remedies, then you can start planning on how to "hide" those telltale signs of allergyface. Just because we have to go through allergy season, doesnt mean that we have to let the whole world see it!
Visit ZYRTEC® on Facebook at Facebook.com/ZYRTEC to learn more about how to combat ALLERGY FACE™.
Now its Your turn: Do you use any of your own natural remedies or special beauty tricks to hide your #ALLERGYFACE? Please share them with us in the comments!
Disclosure: This post is part of a sponsored campaign on behalf of Latina Bloggers Connect and the makers of ZYRTEC®. All photos and opinions posted here are 100% my own. To see a full disclosure used by this website, please refer to our DISCLOSURE page at the top of this page. Thank you!
photo credit: we heart it