This post is part of a sponsored campaign on behalf of Latina Bloggers Connect and the makers of ZYRTEC®
One of the many things that we as women have to prepare ourselves for is allergy season. Once the warm weather arrives, some of us tend to suffer from #ALLERGYFACE : the puffy face, red nose or watery eyes - if not all three! Oh Man, can that be aggravating, or what?
Good news is, there are several ways to keep these allergy symptoms under control.
Before sharing my Six Smart Tips to Combat #ALLERGYFACE , I wanted to share a short video featuring beauty and fashion expert, Carmen Ordoñez from VivaFashionBlog.com. In this video, Carmen gives a few budget friendly tips on how to help soothe a red nose and puffy eyes - two of the most common beauty challenges that are heavily associated with #ALLERGYFACE.
To see this video in SPANISH - Click HERE
Now that you are armed with a few budget friendly tips from Carmen's video, let's take a look at a few more additional tips that are sure to help you this allergy season.
Six Smart Tips to Help Combat #ALLERGYFACE :
1. Try to drink more green tea during the warmer months. It is said that drinking green tea can help alleviate a red nose from constant sneezing.
2. If you are like me, who suffers from puffy face, try eating a healthy dose of fresh pineapples every day for almost instant relief. I like to peel the pineapple, cut it in round slices and store them in the fridge. Whenever I feel my cheeks getting puffy, I immediately eat a few slices and relief comes shortly after. It's truly AMAZING!
3. An easy method to relieve puffy eyes is to get your hands on a few bags of black tea. All you have to do is dip two black tea bags (one for each eye) in a cup of hot water for a few minutes. Let the bags cool in the fridge, then apply the damp bags as a compress to closed eyes for about 10 min. Super easy and Relaxing!
4. If you like to exercise outdoors - try doing so during the early hours of the morning. This will ensure that you are less prone to be affected by pollen in their "peak" time which is during the afternoon.
5. This tip coincides with tip #4 - Any time you are outdoors ALWAYS make sure to RINSE OFF after being outside. Toss any clothing that you wearing outside into your hamper and put a lid on it! Oh, by the way, washing your hair also helps remove any pollen that could have fallen into it while you were outside.
6. Drink plenty of fluids - especially water. The extra dose of H2O will help thin out any mucus that may accumulate in your airways helping you to breathe a little better.
There you have it! A few simple, budget friendly tips to keep in mind during this allergy season. Trust me, putting a few of these in practice will help you combat any symptoms, keeping #ALLERGYFACE at bay, or at least under control.
If you found this post helpful, feel free to check out YouTube.com/Zyrtec to view part one and part two of Carmen’s ALLERY FACE™ video series.
You can also follow Carmen on Twitter at @VivaFashion and check out her blog www.VivaFashionBlog.com for her latest ALLERGY FACE™ tips and tricks.
For product savings and rewards to help you feel better, visit Zyrtec.com and ZYRTEC® on Facebook
Now it's Your turn: If you suffer from #ALLERGYFACE , how do you manage with these symptoms? Share your tips in the comments!
Disclosure: This post is part of a sponsored campaign on behalf of Latina Bloggers Connect and the makers of ZYRTEC®. All photos and opinions posted here are 100% my own. To see a full disclosure used by this website, please refer to our DISCLOSURE page at the top of this page. Thank you!
photo credit: pixmac.com